Friday, August 8, 2008

Safe Foods

Part of the joy of HG is learning what your safe foods are. Safe foods are foods, that almost always, stay down. For me, it is usually Chips, Pepsi and McDonalds and Powerade, Orange Powerade. Well. Chips are now not a safe food. I am so sad. That was such an easy and FREE safe food. Dave works at Frito Lays and when the cases get ruined or the chips are stale dated , they come home to Momma! But now, UGH. The thought of them and my stomach turns. As for the powerade, threw that up a few times in a row, and now the thought of it turns my stomach and makes me gag. So what does that leave me with? McD's and Pepsi. What all good babies are grown on. Lord help us. And of course, what did we just buy? You got it. A mini van. So I have looked in the couches the car seats and ANYWHERE there may be spare change. All to feed my habit. Now I was able to eat some dinner yesterday. So I can eat other stuff, but I have to really really want it.
While growing J I was very worried about drinking too much caffeine. But according to health Canada I could have 5 or 6 cans of pop a day and its in the limit. So Since I can almost get in two cans in a day, I am ahead of the game.

Aren't you glad you know this now?

No comments: