Sunday, August 3, 2008

My First Er Visit- July 26th

So Big Day for me. My first ER visit of my third pregnancy. Gotta love Hyperemisis. I was putting it off and putting it off, but by 5pm I knew I was toast. I had to go in for fluids. Nothing was staying in, and nothing would help. So of course, Dave is at work. Mom came over and then I had to have my brother drive me to the ER. Convinced him there was no point in staying with me. I would wait a few hours, get an IV some meds and fall asleep. Fun eh?

So I arrive in Triage. This is not my first go at this. I look around, I know who I trump and who trumps me. The guy that comes in disoriented and can't remember the date, Yup, he wins. So I wait. The nurse sees me, I explain it all. She is WONDERUL! I love her. Her name is Mary Anne. After I get registered she puts me on a strecher and gives me IV Fluid, gravol and vitamins. OMG I love getting gravol in my IV. I can feel and taste it hit me. I know with in minutes I will be so sleepy that I can sleep through the wait and the nausea. Praise the lord.

So lying there in my strecher, near the triage desk ,oh I get to hear the good stuff. The wait was 5-6 hours to get into the back to wait to see the Dr. They were swamped. People realize they are sick once all the clinics close on a Saturday. So everyone heads over to the ER. The nurses get yelled at, and cursed. Ok, do they really think that this will get them in faster? Of course I will sneak you in , you just called me a bitch! Let me bump somebody out for you! Oh know, I think they get bumped down to wait longer. If you can yell and scream at the nurse do you REALLY have shortness of breath? Hmm???

So finally I get into the back (before a lot of the people in the waiting room, told you I would trump someone!). The Dr's come in. I explain whats going on. They look at me like I have grown a second head. You MEANT to do this?? I know that is what they are thinking. But they are kind and caring. Plus they gave me a script for more meds that will help.

Dave finally comes to pick me up. Once again we get to see Police with some schmuck who should have stopped drinking around noon! Then of course we hear about the guy that wins the cool guy award. He broke his ankle sky diving, they landed in a corn field. So my having 30+ episodes of vomitting isn't cool? Come on, thats pretty good for not even 10 hours!

No comments: