Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Fine Line

When you have HG an outing with your family is a huge undertaking. Not only do I need to remember diapers and snacks , water and etc for the girls. Do I have my meds, did I take some before we left, do I have safe foods and drink. What about barf bags? Do I know where the bathrooms are? Am I prepared to get sick in front of the people there? And then we get in the van...

So we get to where we are going. That is usually the first time I think, okay I made a mistake in coming. We unload the van, get everyone in the joovy stroller. Get all the goodies in the basket and off we go to explore. Everyone wait, Mom is dizzy , take five. Okay, all good. A few minutes later, Everyone wait, Mom needs to get sick. Okay, all good and this is how the outing goes. Thankfully my family is caring and understanding ("Aww Mom are you going to puke AGAIN?" and we all know the drill.

Then we get back to the van and load up. Then sitting in the van I begin to realize I should not have walked around the museum for 4 hours. That may have been to much. Then we get home and I have to take a nap for a couple hours to try to end the insane nausea that has come to visit. I am always nauseated but sometimes its the gold medal kind. As I lie in bed I think of my choices of the day. I could have just stayed home, in bed, and Dave could have taken the girls. But then I would have missed on yet another family time. So I am glad I went, but now I need to recover. And tomorrow, I will feel it!

No comments: